Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fasting, where it's at!

I ate dinner last night after 2+ days of fasting. Yum! Fasting while sick or detoxing is really good for me. It was really easy to do since I am eating less these days anyway. And getting off of it wasn't hard either. I think I had a bit more to eat than maybe I needed to, but I did not overeat, which is good. Eating until 80% full is something each body needs to discover on its own, even at different times, because it changes so much.
I am happy to not be needing solid food upon waking. That is a HUGE change for me. Physically, it lets my body ask for food when it's hungry and spiritually, it lets me take the morning in before I shove food down my throat. Food has often been a pacifier for me and it slows me down. Sometimes I want that slower speed, but then I run the risk of immobility if I do not really listen to what my body wants. Sometimes water or a few deep breaths is all I need to slow down. I've been drinking water water with lemon every morning (even with my mucus problems) and it's been perfect.
I signed up for a writing workshop yesterday. I normally wouldn't do something so rash, but it spoke to me and I am learning that there is a subtle world which I can be a part of at any time and I just have to choose to. It's weird to think/know that what I see isn't all the world. It's in Port Townsend, which will be nice in June, and I really look forward to growing in my writing more. Josh might come up for a couple of nights too, so that will be nice. It was $475 and normally I wouldn't so easily give up money energy to do something, but that's precisely why I did it. I've been wanting to do more workshops and this called to me. I spend money doing other less inspiring things, so it's nice to cater to my priorities.
Plus, I am making more money these days and I want to continue the flow in.
The abundance feelings are definitely increasing. I feel more apt to donate, buy priority things, really think about the money I make and the money I spend as a reflection of myself. We're eating well (abundant groceries) and we're feeling good.
Meditation each morning is really nice. I don't really sit with a goal in mind anymore, I just check-in with The Source, see if anything comes up, and then relish in the silence. It feels really good.
I'm also getting into a routine. I write in the morning and then I exercise. Then I carry on with my day. I am so happy to have my mornings back. It's great to get up, be with Josh, and then still feel like I have ample amounts of time to do stuff.
Anyway, life is going well and the sun is out, yay!

No comments: