Friday, November 2, 2007

Using Your Energy

When I started eating more and more raw food I found that I had a lot more energy. It seems that's the case with a lot of people. But what do we do with it?

Last blog I wrote about how sometimes the proselytizing doesn't work. But there are many other ways to share the raw food energy.

I know that once I had this huge amount, I felt COMPELLED to exercise. I enjoy getting on the rebounder for 20-25 mins a day. Even if I intend to only jump for 15 mins., I end up doing 25 mins. because it feels so good. And now that exercising has become a normal part of my day, and I still have MORE energy, I am designing a workshop for those who are just beginning on the raw path.

I'm finding that I LOVE to create desserts so I make those when I have some free time. I read books and listen to raw podcasts so that I can keep up to date. Once our bodies know that we have created a place to put this new energy, it will probably want to continue making more.

If you ever watch Cesar Milan, The Dog Whisperer, then you know that some dogs with STRONG instincts to herd, retrieve, run, guard, etc., need to be mentally exercised so that they don't go crazy with all the pent up energy they have. I think it's the same for people who are eating raw and creating more energy within. I believe that's why lots of change happens at once when beginning the raw diet.

On the SAD (Standard American Diet) we have learned to compensate for energy loss and excess...but once we start assimilating properly, we don't have to work so hard to keep balanced and in fact, we need to find more to do! (maybe I should go back to cleaning houses!)

This inspired me to really focus on what and how I want to share about being raw. While I admire those on the 100% track, I'm not on that track currently. I am working hard to get there, but I am taking my time and appreciating my process. It doesn't mean though that I can't share my achievements with others through classes, workshops, and raw treats. In fact, it seems that there is a lot of room for the transitional enterprises because lots of people won't make the switch from 0 to 100% overnight. A very dedicated, motivated few might, but raw is for everyone, no matter how much you want to incorporate into your diet.

So I am taking my energy and putting it into writing this blog (I'm LOVING all the comments I get!), reading other blogs, and designing curricula and recipes. I'm thinking about making/selling raw boxed lunches, small dinner parties, weight loss guidance via raw, etc.

What are you doing with YOUR extra raw energy?

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

That's a really really cool post.

With my energy I find myself: writing, playing, getting outdoors, going to midnight movies, making recipes, emailing friends and family that I wasn't able to stay in contact with as much in the past because I was always "too tired"...

Cheers!
Kristen's Raw